Saturday, November 2, 2013

the mind of a child

A few Saturdays ago, I was looking through some of our packing boxes (the many we gained whilst packing our English house to move to an Australian one) and found some photographs, many of which I hadn't seen before.
Often I'd come across that odd picture that all of a sudden I would remember that exact moment, or maybe just an item that had been captured in it. So strange to think that I can barely remember way back when, but with an illustration - I could. Really is the power of a photograph I suppose.
So here is one I will share with you,


This image is full of emotions. The picture itself is quite hilarious, at the time, myself and my cousins were clueless to life, and what this special place would become.

This is myself and my cousins (from left-right, Harvey, Abi, and Myself, Katie in the corner) at the old farm house where my Grandad and Nanny lived. My family were two hours away in another town of small England, where as my Dad's side of the family lived in the midlands. It was here that we made a trip up every other weekend and spent lots of hours playing, going to the pub (the kids in the park, obviously) and just having family fun. The farm house was absolutely fabulous and one of my favourite places to go. I'm not sure of the full story of what happened to it, but its not like it used to be and my Grandparents don't live there any more. But the pictures and videos that we have are so lovely, its wonderful to know that we have them.

I have to feel so lucky that I have all the captured moments that I do. Lots of people don't. So from now on, I'm going to take a lot of pictures, of things and people that come and go. Then when I'm old I can spend a day or two looking them all, just like I did on that Saturday.

2 comments: